LeXpunK_DAO1 : Cryptolaw for Degens
- LeXpunK_DAO1 is the first DAO of the LeXpunK Army.
- We believe that cryptolaw must be done the crypto way — in the open, with aligned incentives, accountability and an equal voice for BUIDLers, HODLers, DEgens and lawyERGHHHs.
- We will engage in nonprofit cryptolaw advocacy as autonomous lawyERGHHHS— always keeping in mind that law should be changed more by crypto than crypto should be changed by law.
- LeXpunK_DAO1 uses the Dandelion fork of the Aragon DAO protocol, and thus also reflects the Moloch DAO design principles.
- Our members will be lawyers, devs and representatives of one or more incentive-aligned DAOs with punk origins and principles — (1) bootstrapped (2) non-VC-oriented and (3) prioritizing creativity over profit, direct participation over intermediation.
- All members should be required to maintain a public conflict of interest disclosure under autonomous law voluntary disclosure principles. All work should be done in the open, with input from the LeXpunK army through L3X voting.
- To foster alignment with the broader LeXpunK army, members should receive and maintain a certain minimum balance of L3X.
- We are targeting a number of potential initial projects, subject to the discretion and prioritization of our early membership:
- regulatory advocacy on liquid staking issues
- judicious deployment of the LeXpunK army to help mediate and resolve inter-DAO disputes
- an amicus brief in SEC’s case against Bitconnect promoters, to prevent the Bitconnect case from being used as an adverse blueprint for holding DAO participants liable in DAO activities
- a set of guidelines, best practices and model wet contracts to help developer teams navigate legal issues surrounding DAO formation and governance
- model legislation for DAO members to receive limited liability in the United States, without forming a traditional business entity
- work toward defining the canons of cryptolaw and the groundwork for a cloud nation of DAOs
- LeXpunK army recruitment
- helping others form and join their own lex DAOs
8. If you are interested in funding or working for LeXpunK_DAO1, or forming your own LeXpunK DAO, please contact fill out our intake form.